Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Quarter 4, At-Home Learning Week 2

Hello Families!

It was so good to get to touch base with a lot of you this week! I appreciate the feedback you've provided about the packets- it has been very positive overall. Remember that it should only be taking your student around 2 hours, with additional reading time, to complete the work. If it is taking much longer than that, please reach out and let me know. 

At- Home Learning
This coming week we will be learning at home with another packet. There will be a packet A & packet B- one will have only the materials that will be written on, to make it easier if you are printing out the packet at home. Many of you have asked, and I am sure the rest are wondering, about how the packets will be turned in. We are still formulating a turn-in procedure, and I will let you know as soon as we have that finalized. For now, please hang on to the packet and keep it safe. 

Next week, we will transition to Google Classroom. For now, I just want to let you know about this upcoming change. There will be much more information coming this week with the specifics about what that will look like and how that will work. 

Please have your student practice their math facts with XtraMath daily. If your child has not yet enrolled to do XtraMath at home, you should have received an email with the information needed to do that. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need that information again. 
Students can also log in to Khan Academy for extra math practice if desired. Again, please let me know if you need that log in information for your child.

XtraMath Leaders
In our classroom I keep a list of the top 3 students under each operation on our whiteboard, and I want to continue that here!

Addition: Iris B 96, Charlie C 95, Ben C 93
Subtraction: Landon A 94, Jakob K 92, June H 91
Multiplication: Sydney H 52
Masters: Aaron A, Jayda K
Well done all!

Connecting Through Video
Make sure to like and follow our Archway Arete Facebook page! Mrs. Mason is giving the morning announcements each morning at 7:52 am, many days there are videos from various teachers at 10:00 am, and Mr. Gillingham has been reading The Phantom Tollbooth and sharing his art with us at 1:30 each day. If you do not catch the live video, you are able to go back and watch it as a video later.  

Next week, I will host 2 Zoom video chats for our class- Monday and Thursday at 1:30pm! This will be optional, but I would love to get to say hi and chat with the kiddos! I will send meeting invitations out by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarter 4, At-Home Learning Week 6

Hello Families!  I hope this week of online learning has gone well for you and your child! I feel like in our house, we are finally sta...